Feb 16, 2017
Prince Tours - Minneapolis, operated by Waconiaville Tours
MINNEAPOLIS… Prince The Tour, operated by Waconiaville Tours, is adding special tour dates surrounding the 1st Anniversary of Prince’s passing and Paisley Park’s Celebration 2017. From Friday, April 21 through Sunday, April 23, Prince The Tour will operate two daily tours at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. CST. Each tour will run approximately three hours and tickets can be purchased for $89 per person at Princethetour.com.
“As visitors began to flock Prince’s hometown, there was an essential need for a guided tour. Some of the stops are not easy to navigate on your own. Visitors began to request tours and we answered that need,” said Captain Randy, tour operator, Prince The Tour. “We are remaining true to Prince’s legacy by offering a relaxed and educational tour for his fans. Our tours are as unique as the man himself. It’s an honor to share Prince’s legacy with people from all over the world. We welcome you to Minneapolis.”
The special anniversary Prince tours board at the Minneapolis Visitors Information Center of Tourism at 505 Nicollet Ave. in downtown Minneapolis and include the following stops:
· Capri Theatre, where Prince performed for the first time in 1979 (outside stop)
· First Avenue night club that was featured in the Purple Rain movie (outside stop)
· Electric Fetus,Prince’s favorite record store (20 minutes to browse and shop inside)
· The “Purple Rain” house (outside stop)
· The new large Prince wall mural in Chanhassen created by Mr G (Graham) Hoete of Sydney, Australia, two months after Prince passed away.
· The Chanhassen Cinema where Prince privately reserved the theater for movie nights with friends.
· Paisley Park, Prince’s home and studio in nearby Chanhassen (outside stop – does not include inside tour of Paisley Park)
· Schmitt Music Mural where the iconic Prince photo was taken in 1977
For more information or to reserve tickets, visit www.PrinceTheTour.com and visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PrinceTheTour/
Due to high demand, no coupons or special offers apply to these tour dates.